Monday, February 27, 2012

Coming together

Well, let's open with some pics:


Neshani Shadowheart, known by some as the Void Sylph and others as the Fae of Death, she's the Pirate Princess for my corsairs. I started on this conversion in early january but figured I'd post her now as I'm kicking off this blog.  It's always good to show some pictures, right?
This past Friday was a great first step in the direction I want to take my 40K gaming.  A large parcel from Forgeworld arrived.  It contained my decal sheet, a corsair conversion kit, a corsair heavy weapons kit, and 4 Wasp Assault Walkers.  For my buddy, it had 3 Arvus lighters and the Titan Crew that will be the basis for the Imperial Navy Armsmen I'm going to convert and cast for him. 
What's more, Forgeworld Released their Zone mortalis expansion.  The terrain looks nice if not a little pricey.  While my buddy Ian and I agreed that it was quite simple looking, and something we could assemble ourselves, I figure with the expense of materials and factoring in how valuable I think my spare hobby time is, it'd be more cost effecient to purchase these pieces.  I was originally considering some Hirst Arts molds to do the terrain, but really after buying the molds and the plaster for a small board, I'd easily be out $200 Which would get me more than half of where I need to be for a 3'x3' ZM board. 

MOre important than the terrain is the ruleset available on the FW site.  It's a very simple addition to the main 40K ruleset and generally stuff that's been batted about in house rules over the years.  In it's somewhat playtested, compiled form, it's everything I need to execute boarding actions in the 41st millenium.  More to come on that in the future, but I imagine we'll be gearing parts of our 40K armies towards these missions.

On the rest of the corsairs front, I've got less than 2 weeks until my first 1850 tournament and I must admit, I'm a little unsure if I'm going to have everything assembled in time.  I like to do a lot of converting if Neshani wasn't evidence enough of that.  Here's what I have ready to go:
1/1 Pirate Princess
0/1 VOid Dreamer (WIP, I could field her as is)
0/4 Bladesworn
4/6 Voidstorm
7/10 Kabalite Warriors
0/1 Raider (I'm torn between assembling it as is and converting the snot out of it.  It'll probably be assembled as normal)
0/5 Fire Dragons (I could probably field them as is.  They're missing grav chutes and some greenstuff details.
10/10 Corsairs
3/5 Corsairs
0/5 Corsairs
2/2 Wasps
0.5/2 Wasps
0/3 Jetbikes (Very WIP.  I've spent as much time on this 85 point unit as the rest of the army combined.  I'm trying to turn Reaver Jetbikes into bikes that look more like the Jes Goodwin prototypes.
1/1 Nightwing (The pink seahorse Nightwing, it's done as far as it's former craftworld is concerned.  For me, it's a whole other project of stripping reassmbling and painting.
1/1 Phoenix (I could field it I guess.  My pilots need heads and I need to do some cleanup work from the stripping job.  But I built a Pulse laser for it, and it's otherwise good to go.)

I'll post some pics of my Void Dreamer soon.  She's looking very good!

3 comments:

  1. Love this one and the Void Dreamer!!! I will bookmark this blog and hope to see the painted minis soon.
    I have also done a similar miniature: http://armel.deviantart.com/art/Black-Faery-Eldar-Corsair-Princess-266838340?q=gallery%3Aarmel&qo=0
    Here is also the concept for the Void Dreamer I will try to model in the next months: http://armel.deviantart.com/art/Eldar-Corsair-Void-Dreamer-303887498

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing the early greens of your Black Faery on DakkaDakka and she heavily influenced Neshani here. Yours is in a class all her own, though. Great to see her painted up.

    Neshani is actually in pieces at the moment after an accident at the last tournament.

    I've been debating how I want to rebuild her because game-wise the Corsair Prince(ss) has been a complete letdown. On one hand I considered rebuilding her with a shuriken pistol or neural shredder and just using the voiddreamer statline (because Ielenia on the other hand has rocked.) On the other, I was going to give her a prism blaster and arm her bladesworn with prism rifles and run them as Shadow Spectres. Perhaps have her use the Irillyth statline for narrative games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so that was you on DA ^^ I should've guessed.

    Anyway, I feel very honoured that someone actually drew inspiration from one of my works. Incidentally, I nearly bought the very same wings you picked but I finally decided to make my own in clear plastics. Too bad the model is not working for you. I have yet to have a single game with mine, as the army itself is not ready.

    ReplyDelete