Friday, February 10, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to Call of the Void. I'm not sure what the format of this blog will be or how it will develop.  Suffice to say, my buddies and I love the Warhammer 40,000 Universe and the Battlefleet Gothic game.  Despite being in the hobby we're only now realizing that the spacefaring aspect is what we love the most and are starting to customize our forces across 3 game systems to reflect this.

I've been playing Eldar Corsairs since the release of Battlefleet Gothic in '99 and have always wanted to do a proper corsair army for 40K.  I tried when the most recent codex was released in 2006, but I found the craftworld list to be too restrictive and too tank heavy to represent a fast pirate force.  Forgeworld's release of Imperial Armour 11 and the corsairs army list has resolved any issues I had with the Eldar codex and I'm going all ahead full on a Sky Raiders boarding/landing party. 

Simultaneously, my close friend has always had a 40K army to represent his imperial navy crew.  Previous editions of the guard codex and restrictions on percieved gaming always meant that it was basically a tank heavy cadian army in look and play.  With a change of perspective we've decided on a force that uses the current guard codex, using Arvus Lighter models from Forgeworld to represent Valkyries, Thunderbolts as Heavy Support, and some custom sculpts to fill out the ranks of naval armsmen that would be sent dirtside or to board other ships. 

There will be other themes here too, like another friend with his Ork Freebooterz, a Rogue Trader contingent, human pirates, terrain to represent these boarding actions, and campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment